Monday 23 April 2012

Gilded Pine Cones

Here's another gilded card I made on Saturday using a lovely Inkadinkado stamp lent to me by my friend, Alison.  I stamped the cones using Indigo Blu Flitter Glu and gilded with flakes in a mixture of greens, silver, gold and copper.  I can't remember the name of the assortment as they're not in the original packaging.
To create the green panel, I stamped Stampin' Up pines cones onto satin board and heat embossed with clear powder.  I can't get enough of this Create and Craft satin board, it's just so magical watching the clear embossing powder melt to what looks like foiling.
The grey background is pearl paper, partially embossed with a Cuttlebug snowflake folder.
The holly border punch is by Martha Stewart and Is so useful for Christmas projects.
The flowers were made with my trusty Nellie Snellen punches and the foliage was also made with punches.
Three green gems finish it off.
I just wish I could photograph gilded projects better, the pics don't really capture the lustre that's there in real life.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges - 
Cardabilities - #53 - sketch
Lexi's Creations - #63 - punches and dies
Love to Create - #12 - anything goes
Moving Along With the Times - Christmas

13 comments:

  1. Very elegant Wendy. I keep hearing about Flitter glue, do I need it do you think ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I like this silvery winter touch and the flowers are so pretty :)
    Thanks for sharing at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Wendy - so much texture and stunning layers. well thought out and executed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. I agree photographs don't do this type of card justice. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so gorgeous Wendy...love the image and fab layout too hun :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Wendy, love the colours and design, really lovely card.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty! Lovely Design! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! We look forward to seeing more of your creations really soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card wendy.fabulous image and shimmer :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creation, just love the colours & embossing!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute, love all the silver, it's very christmas-y :) Thanks for playing at Moving Along With The Times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy this is so beautiful, I love watching embossing powder.

    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card Wendy and I love your embossing! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations for our Die Cuts and Punches challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like what you did with the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us over at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.