Friday 18 May 2012

Bottle Topper and Tag

It's my lovely step-dad's birthday tomorrow so I decided to make this bottle topper and tag to match the Wellington birthday card I made for him.  I bought him a bottle of his favourite gin which comes from the isle of Islay, the heart of whisky country.  It's called Botanicals and is to die for.  I don't really like gin but this is sooo yummy! I also got him some posh, sugar free chocolates as he's diabetic and has such a sweet tooth.
I used items from the Wellington collector's pack along with some kraft card and some garden twine, distressing the edges with my Tim Holtz tool.

I'm entering this project in the following challenges -
Paper Play - #20 - distressing
Sarah Hurley - #66 - tags and tickets
Creative Craft Challenges - distressing

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is a brilliant set:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read your title I smile [paper sniffer].lol..Love your bottle topper and tag, very cute image and a great idea..love it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant idea wendy...cute image pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. really lovely wendy - what a thoughtful lady you are! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are brilliant Wendy, great idea...Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pretty tags and labels make the gifts all rather special Wendy.

    Why is it that us diabetics all have a sweet tooth, how unfair is that. I often hope my levels are low so I can have a quick munch of the stuff in purple wrapping.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Beautiful Gift, Love the tag...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy,
    What a beautiful set,perfect for your step dad :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are gorgeous wendy.stunning gift idea ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice tags and a great gift idea! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant set. Hope the gift has been opened and enjoyed ;)

    Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy these are beautiful and so cute too.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.