Monday 7 May 2012

Wellington Bear

I seem to be in teddy bear mode at the moment!  This chap reminds me so much of my Mum's ted which she's had since she was a child.  He's a bit bald now and leaking sawdust, but he'll never be parted with.
I had a lovely, crafty evening with my good friend, Alison, playing with this lovely Wellington bear stuff.  She bought the stamps and I bought the A4 Collector's pack so we had plenty to play with.  The image was stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento to give a softer look than black and was coloured with Promarkers, using the warm greys for the fur.  I couldn't resist giving him some weeny beads for eyes and a touch of Anita's 3D Gloss on his nose.
The sentiment was from the same stamp set.  It's my Step-Dad's birthday soon and I'm going to give him this card as the sentiment is just perfect for him.
The papers and die cut greeting were all from the Collector's Pack, teamed with kraft and Core'dinations which was sanded to add to the aged look.
The ribbon  and tiny buttons are from the new Papermania Capsule Collection, Lincoln Linen and the larger buttons are from my massive Boofle assortment.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Come and Get It - let's hear it for the boys
Sweet Sketch - #152 - sketch
Pan Pastel - #17 - anything goes
That Craft Place - one for the boys
Just Tracy's Crafts - anything goes
Sparkles - #31 - men only

28 comments:

  1. He is just the bee's knees Wendy. Beautiful card - very nostalgic feel to it and I love the sentiment.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful Wendy, I have the wellington stamps too, but the little boy on mine seems to have something extra near his neck !I have shown the beautiful card you sent me { Tilda Strawberry} to lots of people & they don't beleive it's hand coloured .. what a credit to your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that image and your coloring. Great idea to add the buttons to the card. Love the look overall. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy,
    Gorgeous card,love how you've coloured him...i bought the stamp set and a4 pack too plus the 12x12 paper pack I'm a bit of a paper addict lol :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Wellington is soooo cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Wendy - I bet your mum doesn't call him a 'bum bear' - now I've written that I'm thinking 'was it Wendy who said that about forever friends bears? Apologies if I've got it wrong! ooops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really adorable, I love the colours and the layout and the image is just so cute. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw this is stunning wendy.he is a really gorgeous bear and i love your colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, perfect male card! The teddy bear is adorable and fab colouring too. Hugs Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness Wendy this is absolutely terrific! Your coloring is outstanding - thought it was pre-printed and popped up! Wowzer of a card for sure! Love all your other details and the earthy color combination which is perfect for a guy. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very adorable card. Great details and techniques. Thank you for playing Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Wendy, this card is just amazing and I love that gorgeous image and the buttons. But then every card you make is stunning Wendy.....if only I could make cards! lol. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you colored up your bear. It is amazing. Such a beautiful take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of the sweetest little teddy bear's I've ever seen! Love the colors, the sentiment, the tiny buttons...everything! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is the sweetest. your bear is colored to perfection. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So so cute gorgeous card hugs Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is so cute, gorgeous card. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is so gorgeous wendy..love the colours.. pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really adorable and design love the colour tones.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful card! Love the image, I just want to hug him and the use of the colours WOW great. Thanks joining us at Come and Get It this week. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card Wendy, he is a cute bear! Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, he's just the cutest bear, isn't he? and your colouring is just fab!Thanks for entering at Sparkles this time and good luck!
    Hugs Jo x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word, this is totally adorable!!! Your colouring is out standing!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful card love the new wellington range must have a play with mine.Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful Card Wendy, Love the Bear...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great colouring on your bear. Wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to post on Our Come and Get It Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.