Thursday 15 August 2013

Santa's Hot Chocolate

I can finally share the card I made on Monday night with my crafty friends, now that I have a new, cheapie camera!
This week, after our tea and home made strawberry fudge cake, we all made cards following the same sketch.  I used a new stamp from Dovecraft's new Santa's Workshop range, coloured, as usual, with Promarkers.
 I'm still getting the hang of my camera, so I'm sure the pics will improve over time!
I've used Lili of the Valley, Krafty Christmas papers, combined with a splash of festive red and green.  The lacy mat was made with a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page set.  The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and the snowflake was made with a Diesire Die.  A few gems and pearls finish it off.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Divas by Design - Christmas in August
Robyn's Fetish - #172 - Lots of Layers
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - #54 - Die Cuts and Punches
The Squirrel and the Fox - #50 - Whimsical
Winter Wonderland - Cute Christmas
CLP - #61 - Sketch
Aud Sentiments - #87 - Anything but a Birthday Card

21 comments:

  1. Brilliant layout gorgeous image Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab image Wendy and as always beautifully coloured.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - can I ask what colour reds you used I can never seem to get any shading effect with the reds I use - thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and such a great image

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaww this is gorgeous Wendy! I adore the super cute image and lovin the delish papers too!
    And thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland hun :D
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy, love your card, I love this range of Christmas stamps etc.

    Lovely colouring and your design is great, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute, love your coloring and that image!! Thank you for join us at Artistic Inspiration this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, love the image and great colors and design. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet image. Makes me want some of that yummy drink. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love your gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely gorgeous thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. so gorgeous Wendy.really sweet image and i love your colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colors for the Christmas card and the image is so lovely ... I can smell the chocolate ... Thanks for sharing your work with us at Artistic Inspirations this week and good luck with the challenge. Hugs Maja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - this is just so cute - love the stamp and paper combo! :)
    Have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your layers and your coloring is beautiful. This image is adorable!

    Kathy Barrett
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Christmas card with a fab coloured, cute image...love the lay out...thanks for playing with Divas by Design's Christmas inAugust challenge!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card made me smile - love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs!
    Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Christmas card!!! Love the image and the design. :) Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great colouring and lovely card. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.