Friday 30 January 2015

Blue Bauble

Well, that's one made for this year!  I had fun with this one, it shimmers so much more in reality than I could capture with my camera, that seems to be the nature of mica.
 The very bottom layer was stamped with a Creative Expressions pine needles stamp in Perfect Medium, then dusted with dark blue mica powder, after that it was a simple mat and layer job, using Spellbinders dies.
To created the bauble, I stamped it first onto blue satin board, and heat embossed with white glitter powder.  I then die cut it with a Spellbinders die, the stamp is by Sue Wilson, and is designed to match Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011.  Next, I stamped it again in black archival ink, and coloured the central image with Twinkling H2Os, cut it out and stuck it to the embossed bauble.
To finish, I "hung" my bauble from some lilac ribbon decorated with some pearls, added a bow, and embellished with some gems and coloured pearls.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Winter Wonderland - Lots of Layers
Sister Act - #91 - Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky - #244 - Christmas
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Let it Snow
The Crazy Challenge - #189 - Embossing
Addicted to Stamps - #96 - Winter
Christmas Card Challenges - #8 - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. WOW, wunderschöne Karte, ich liebe diese Farben
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Wendy! I just love these dies and stamps! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘LET IT SNOW’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Wendy, love the colour them, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy your card is so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW, Wendy, was an utterly wonderful card, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is gorgeous, Wendy. Love the bauble and the die cuts. Very creative. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood's "Let It Snow" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, Wendy! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, love the embossing, and the little image. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty...love the blue colors...thank you for joining us at "The Sisterhood" for our "Let It Snow" challenge!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. discount ray ban sunglasses cousin's cheap ray ban sunglasses cousin to my grandfather's grandfather left a legacy, my grandfather's grandfather's cousin again after the death of my grandfather's legacy to discount ray ban sunglasses the grandfather, later, I found my grandfather, discount ray ban sunglasses and he gave me the heritage. Although not much, but there are a few million of it. cheap to find cheap ray bans discount ray ban sunglasses himself a .

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card Has a "frosty, snowy 'feeling and I love it..beautiful !!

    Thank you for your participation in the Winter Wonderland challenge this week !! Good luck!

    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.