Tuesday 7 April 2015

Spring Has Sprung

A spring card today, I'm sure many bird houses across the country are full of nesting birds, my garden is certainly alive with the sound of birdsong.
 I picked up this stamp and pretty paper pack, from Trimcraft's Forget Me Not range, in The Works yesterday, and couldn't wait to have a play.  I've used my Spectrum Noir pencils to colour the image for a soft look, I rather like effect they give on kraft.  I added a bit of faux stitching for added interest to the papers and topper.
To embellish, I added some lace, some yellow silk ribbon, a bow, and some flowers made with Xcut dies.  I made the flower centres by squeezing a big blob of Eucalyptus Stickles in the middle of each bloom, then covering it with moss green micro beads.  When the Stickles dries, the middle shrinks, leaving a raised ridge with a dip in the centre, much  like many real daisies.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Cardmakers - #136 - Wings
Papertake - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - #80 - Use a Punch or Die
My Time to Craft - #286 - Get Krafty
Just Us Girls - #287 - Spring
Make My Monday - Birds and Inspiration Pic - I was inspired by the pink flowers
Sweet Sketch - #49 - Sketch

15 comments:

  1. I really need to give stamping on kraft a try. Yours is stunning. So soft, so elegant. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Wendy ... this card is amazing. I Iove how you stamped on the kraft ... so visually interesting!! I'm also in a bit awe-struck over your sewing in a circle so neatly. I don't have that skill! Thanks for sharing this lovely with us this week!
    ~Jo, SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your stitching was real! A lovely finishing touch to a fabulous spring card.
    Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful spring card, love the image and that you stamped on kraft paper, would love to give it a try. Thanks for joining us. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous - lovely spring image and pretty flower embellishments really do make you think of the sunshine!
    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous spring card, love the colours and design. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and just screams spring!! Something we really need where I live! We're still feeding our winter birds!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, thanks so much for joining us at MTTC

    ReplyDelete
  9. so stunning wendy.really pretty image and i love your beautiful design and colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that image and how you colored it! Great take on that sketch! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 80 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your beautiful crafting with us for Crafty Cardmakers and More Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Wendy.
    Thanks for entering our 'Wings' challenge at CCM&More.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card with lots of lovely detail.
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at MMM.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a simply gorgeous card, beautifully coloured! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.