Tuesday 7 June 2016

Very Vintage

A card made with some geriatric Hunkydory stash today, that I've had for years and was due an airing!  I gave my Promarkers the day off and used a pre-coloured topper, which is quite unusual for me, but I do like to mix things up a bit every now and then, and come out of my alcohol pen comfort zone.
 The topper and backing paper are from Hunkydory, to which I added some cream cardstock for matting, distressing all the edges with my Tim Holtz tool and I also added a touch of Rusty Hinge Distress Ink to further shabbify the edges.
To embellish, I added some cream lace, apricot ribbon with a matching button topped bow, a Craftwork Cards sentiment which just happened to be exactly the right colour, a whole heap of handmade daisies and foliage, made with Woodware punches and inked with more Rusty Hinge ink, flourished cut with a Joanna Sheen Signature die, some cream pearls, and lastly a row of blue gems on the topper.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Dream Valley - #133 - Vintage
Get Creative - #40 - Bingo - Button, Printed Paper, Ribbon
Broken Fairy - #3 - Vintage / Shabby
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - #110 - Bingo - Lace, Patterned Paper, Die Cut
Cardz 4 Galz - #23 - Vintage or Shabby Chic

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card love the peach colour.

    Thanks for joining us at dream valley

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is adorable, I love the vintage era chosen and those yellow flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card,love the color,thank you for joining in with us at broken fairy and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and it all goes together so well, so nice to use up some of those things in our 'stash' isn't it? Thank you for joining our 'bingo' challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards!
    Diane CC&C DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card love the vintage looking image and gorgeous flowers--Thank you for joining us at Get Creative
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.