Monday 6 February 2012

Something Colourful



I came across this layout for a sketch challenge at Totally Papercrafts and decided to have a bash at it. I love using sketches to get the creative juices flowing! 
The image is part of a set from Personal Impressions which was a bargain at £2 in my local craft shop.  I've coloured it with Promarkers and added beads for eyes and a little red gem for a cherry.
I've been trying to revisit some of my older stash to try to use up some of my papers before my craft room disappears under a sea of paper!  The cupcake paper is Dovecraft from their Piece of Cake range and the pink spotty paper, which is truly geriatric, is Papermania.
The ribbons are from Mei Flower.  I always stock up from them at the SECC in October because they have such a wide selection at great prices.
The buttons were made with a Woodware punch which is an old favourite.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Totally Papercrafts - #102 - sketch
Cupcake Inspirations - #146

9 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, great card - love the image and wonderfully coloured.

    Well done you for using up your papers - something I'm trying to do as well!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Wendy. I love the paper buttons. Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!!! Thank you so much for linking up at Cupcake Inspirations and good luck!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Wendy, cute image and great papers...you have got me thinking now,think I may have this image and never inked it up, off to have a look.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, Fabulous card and a great layout love all the great background papers:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card wendy.i love your bold colours and the image is so sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Wendy, fab colourwork on that sweet image, thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful papers and colors...very cute card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Wendy. Love the cupcake papers and the fab layout. So bright and cheerie in this cold weather. Hugs Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.