Sunday 1 April 2012

A Taste of Summer

How hungry does this card make you feel?!  If I'm not crafting, I'm usually in the kitchen, I love cooking and baking and I'm an avid jam and preserve maker.  I make loads of edible gifts for Christmas and my friends start mentioning my chili jam to go with their Christmas cheeseboards in about July!
These lovely papers were free with Quick Cards Made Easy and they reminded me of this gorgeous digi form A Passion For Stamps as soon as I saw them.  I've coloured the image with Promarkers (what else?!) and added tiny beads to the strawberries to look like seeds.  I've added a wee hint of colour round the edge of the topper with Distress Ink in Antique Linen.
The "With Love" ticket is a Papermania Urban stamp, stamped onto kraft and the "Bliss" ticket is a Tim Holtz one.
The strawberry flowers were made with an Xcut punch and leaves were die cut with  Marianne dies.
Some red mirri Card Candi, a gingham bow and a few gems finish it off.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Catz - #126 - use a digi image
The Deconstructed Sketch - #45 - sketch
I Love Promarkers - #110 - bead it, must use beads
Tuesday Throwdown - #91 - outside the box

15 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, Oh how delicious these look l love scones especially with lots of cream and jam so mouth watering:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wendy, just as well I am going to the Mils for lunch - ploughmans - sun is shining and were going to eat in the garden - Anyway this is a sumptious card, and I am now very hungry and hope we have cream teas to follow. Yummy yummy. And Chilli jam sounds very cool with a great piece of strong cheddar. hugs lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it does make me feel a great urge for fresh strawberries Wendy.

    I buy them year round from the supermarket, but they never have the aroma and taste of the ones from up the road which should be ready in about six week time - they 'strawed' them up a couple of weeks ago so know it's getting close.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberries - always the best of the fruits. Brill card, as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great - the little seed beads on the strawberries is a super idea. Thanks, Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy. An ingenious & creative way to incorporate your beads. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week & good luck.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Wendy but its not going to be any good for my diet! LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmm very scrummy Wendy...and I so love those delish dp's too hun :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Wendy, and yes I had to buy the mag yesterday for those lovely papers, all your fault! Lol. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card,gorgeous papers

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card, love the image. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant way to use your beads, some people have been so inventive!! Really lovely card and I love your colouring too. Thanks for joining us over at I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge Blog this week, good luck and hope to see you again real soon,
    Hugs 'n Stuff
    Andy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card ,a gorgeous image and fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally scrummy card wendy.the image is gorgeous and i love your stunning papers and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, love the image and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.