Wednesday 6 June 2012

Golden Oldies

I've made this card for my sister in law and her husband who are going to be grandparents for the first time next month.  They certainly don't look like the couple on the card but they do have a sense of humour..... I hope!
The fun image is a Mo Manning stamp and has been coloured with Promarkers.
The papers are Papermania Hot Diggedy Dog and have been simply layered up, leaving one edge unstuck so the tag can be pulled out.
The sentiment stamps are from Personal Impressions.
The flowers were made with an Xcut punch with Cotton Candy Stickles in the centres.  I also added a few blobs of Pearl Pen for good measure.
Some knotted ribbon and a few blue pearls finish it off.


I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Stampin' for the Weekend - #10 - sketch
Joanna Sheen - remember when
Cupcake Craft - #195 - tag you're it
Let's Ink it Up - #24 - favourite embellishments.  I used flowers and pearls

20 comments:

  1. Bardzo fajna praca, super układ i dobór kolorków....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card,love the colours and image
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Wendy the image is fab and coloured beautifully and the papers used are gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Wendy. I meant to get this image for my hubby's card for our 40th anniversary in April but didn't. I was loaded with the 'flu and had to buy him a card. Can you imagine???!!! Perhaps I'll get it in time for our 50th!!!
    You must have the patience of a saint to punch out all those wee flowers. They look great.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy,
    Gorgeous card,i love this image and really want to get it myself,fab papers and design :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww this is just so lovely! The image is a delight and I love the design with the pull out tag. Gorgeous colours too.
    All the best
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card Wendy Love the image and those flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wendy, What a fab card they will love being grand parents :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy - this card is just beautiful - and what a fabulous image - I may have to get this one!!! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello
    Awesome card. I LOVE it. Fab colors and a great take on the skecth.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant - bet they have a good laugh

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card, I love the colours and your embellishments. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  13. so gorgeous wendy.i love your colours and details and the image is stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card Wendy,love the colours and all the flowers and gems. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a lovely card!!! i love that image.
    take care and have a nice weekend.
    hugs, tess.

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card wendy, one of my favorite images pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, I do love Mo's images, I am many myself. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous tag, thank you so much for sharing it with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL - fabulous use of this stamp. Love the softened effect with the pink flowers. Thanks for joining in the fun at Lets Ink It Up this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card and image. I just love it. Thank you for sharing and joining in at Liiu. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.