Tuesday 24 July 2012

Have a Gorjuss Birthday

Here's a card I made for my bud, Donna, HAPPY BIRTHDAY hun!  She a fairly recent convertee to Craftism and has been well and truly bitten by the bug!  Her favourite colour is bright pink and she loves the Gorjuss girls so I hope this card goes down well with her.
I'm always on the lookout for new card shapes, this is my version of a gatefold stepper.  Its really easy to make on the Hougie board, I can do a wee tutorial if anyone's interested.
Gorjuss was coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers, then accented with Sakura metallic pen and the hair made shiny with Anita's 3D Gloss.
The scrummy papers are my much coveted Prima Meadow Lark, I just LOVE them.  I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the lace effect, to which I then added gems.
Some ribbon, a Papermania Tulip sentiment, a Papermania flower and a shed load of Star Dust Stickles finish it off.
   


I'm entering this card in the following challenges - 
Let's Ink it Up - #25 - all girls
I Love Promarkers - #126 - sparkle
LEJ - #13 - bling

24 comments:

  1. Oh that is gorgeous Wendy. Your friend will be over the moon to receive this card. Love the glittery edges too. :)

    Edna x

    tut would be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Wendy,love the Image and fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Wendy love the image and the design and shape of the card is fantastic, I,m sure your friend will love it. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silver Owl (aka Donna)24 July 2012 at 22:16

      I do!! the photo's dont do it justice, it is stunning Xx

      Delete
  4. Wendy this is gorgeous, very unusual too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great style of card, so unusual. Lovely image and colours too. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely card Wendy. The image is so sweet and coloured beautifully. I love the pretty colours and fab card shape too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauty Wendy and what an amazing layout too!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design Wendy, I love how card opens up to the steppers inside stop

    B X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmmm, that's the downside of this program, now and then instead of a full stop you get the word stop!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Wendy, love the image and coloured so beautifully, fab shape.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, Wendy, love your take on the stepper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Wendy, love all the bling and sparkle!! Thanks for sharing with us at I ♥ Promarkers this week!!
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely stunning Wendy - such a gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so pretty Wendy, what a fabulous design and I love the Gorjuss Girl too! :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card wendy.gorgeous pretty gg girl and i love your design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Card, Love the image and love the shape and design, Beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Wendy, I love the shape and I am sure lots of people would love a tutorial. I love the image and pretty lace effect.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. fab card wendy. great design gorgeous image pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is just gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU this month. Hope to see you at our next challenge at our new blog. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card love the layout image and colours xxxx Thank you for joing the LEJ challenge and Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Wendy, love image and the colours youve used, I like how you've done the card, it's great... Thanks for joining in with us at LEJ Designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. sarah louise keeling28 July 2012 at 20:22

    fab card wendy I would love for you to do a tutorial as the shape of the card is lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.