Saturday 11 August 2012

Peace

Guess what?  I've only gone and bought another bargain Docrafts pack!  I bought the gorgeous Henbury Lane Poinsettia collectors pack when it was released a couple of years ago, but, when I saw it on sale for £3.49 and the matching stamps for £2.49, I just couldn't resist.  I'd used most of the original pack up and loved it and I've really enjoyed playing with it again.  I've decided to make 5x7 kraft cards with this pack for my neighbours, so this will be the first of many!
Everything for this card, apart from the ribbon, gems, cones and fir branch came from the collectors pack.  I just love the rich raspberry colour in the image and papers.
The cones and fir sprig........well....... emmmm........ another new purchase.  A stunning new Spellbinders set of autumn foliage.  It is to die for!  The cones were cut from kraft and inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, expect to see these cropping up on lots of my future projects, I love 'em!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
My Mum's Craft Shop - #69 - Christmas
Poodle's Parlour -  die cuts
Sweet Sketch - #166 - sketch, I flipped it so the embellishment is on the right

16 comments:

  1. This gorgeous Wendy, I really love the design and the colours are beautiful. It sounds like you got a good bargain there.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, this is absolutely stunning. I love how you ahve done the heart and ornament. Clever idea. Thanks for the inspiration!!! And, thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas card! I love the layers and texture that you have used on your card. It is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week!
    Erika SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card Wendy - really fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous wendy.stunning classy design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a very eye-catching card Wendy.

    Hope you have a lovely Sunday,

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is gorgeous Wendy. Where on earth do you find these incredible bargains? :)
    Love the baubles!

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wendy I do love your card, it's perfect and something a little bit different with the die cuts. What a great idea and I adore your colour, great papers and wonderful embellishments. I can see why you bought some more of that great paper especially when it's on sale. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    P.S I've just realised your from Inverness, I do love Inverness and have been there twice now and I also love Oben there is a wonderful Jeweller's there. I was there once in the Summer and once in the Winter and it was new years eve what a night to remember. Hugs from Kathie in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Wendy love your use of die cuts. It is a really lovely christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Poodle's Parlour this week. Good Luck with the challenge
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Wendy, l'm like you if l see something then l buy, the dies are gorgeous and the ribbon is so lovely and adds that special finishing touches as do all the othe elements xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful and the perfect holiday creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a Super sweet Christmas card. Love your fun colors and ribbon treatment. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful Christmas card. Love all the layers. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to use the sketch! Those Christmas ornaments and bow look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card with lots of fab dimension x
    Thanks for playing along with us at MMCS challenge blog and good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is absolutely glorious!!! Looks like I'm going to be making a purchase...love that autumn foliage spellbinders! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.