Friday 19 October 2012

Fussy and Fancy DT Card

We have a new challenge starting today over at Fussy and Fancy, this time it's "Anything Goes", who doesn't love an anything goes challenge?!
I made this card for my crafty friend, Margaret, who's birthday it was on Wednesday.  I decided to get inky with my Distress Inks on my non stick craft mat and a water spritzer.  I used Fired Brick, Barn Door, Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick, pressing the pads against the craft mat, then spraying with water.  I then just laid my card over the ink and swirled it about a bit and dried with a heat gun.  Once dry, I dropped some splatters of water on and dried again.  Peacock Feathers Distress Ink was then applied round the edge.  Next, I stamped some Rhonna Farrer swirls in Perfect Medium randomly over the panel and brushed with pale pink mica powder.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment in black ink using an Indigo Blu stamp borrowed from my friend, Alison.
The papers are Rosarian by Prima, to which I've added bright pink and dark teal cardstock for matting.
The flower was made with a Marianne die from Core'dinations and was threaded with ribbon and has a fuzzy velvet brad for a centre.  The leaves were made with my current favourite Spellbinders set, Autumn Foliage, again fro Core'dinations.
I added some black lace, bright pink ribbon and bow, a rose charm and two luscious large pearls to finish.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafts and Me - #106 - lace and pearls
Paper Pretties - #228 - sentiment as focal point
Paper Shelter - #86 - use a charm
Anything Goes - #78 - make your own embellishment - I made a flower
Crafty Sentiments - bow and ribbon
Card Mania - #5 - happy birthday

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Wendy I love that stamp and the colours you have used are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Wendy, love the colours. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Wendy and I love all of the different techniques you've used on your card :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Wendy, love it :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Wendy, I love the colours and the gorgeous sentiment panel.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Wendy - love the pinkness of it all! Stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy, girly pink, love it.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beatiful card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges! Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic, love the flower and your colours, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes x Gaynor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a gorgeous effect Wendy with all of those inks...going to have to try that technique myself :) I am sure your friend will love the card.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh gorgeous hun...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful! I love your inky central panel - really gorgeous background, and it looks just perfect with your chosen paper. Great inspiration for the challenge...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours and design, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello again Wendy, just popping back of another look at your wonderful card and to say thank you for taking part in the Card Mania Challenge.
    I hope you have a fab weekend

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Wendy, I love the colours and papers you've used.

    Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wendy this is gorgeous..Love the papers and colours and great sentiment font.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these papers and fabulous handmade flower! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! Lovely colours and sweet design. Thanks for joining us in our charming challenge over at the paper shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning card. So lovely design. I like the colors you have used and the gorgeous sentiment panel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great - you do have a good eye for mixing colours and patterns

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, love the colours you have used, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.