Monday 12 November 2012

Cutie Pie DT Card

If you're looking for my Beccy's Place GDT card, scroll down to the post below.

We have a new challenge for you, starting today over at Cutie Pie, this time we'd like to see your "Brown and Cream Christmas" projects.  This one was right up my street as this is a colour combo I love and it gave me a chance to play with my new Lili of the Valley Krafty Christmas paper pack which was one of my SECC purchases.  Our sponsor this time is Floppy Latte, we have digis up for grabs for our winner.  The DT were given some images to play with, here's what I came up with.
No prizes for guessing that I used Promarkers for the colouring!  The sentiment stamp is from a Papermania set.  To my new papers, I added some brown mirri for a bit of Christmas shine and embellished with ribbon, a bow, wooden snowflakes, pearls and gems.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
The Corrosive Challenge - #162 - things with wings
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - #36 - anything goes
Stampin' With The Dragon - Christmas but no red or green
Paper Play - #45 - snowflakes
Crafty Creations - #195 - no flowers
Hooked on Craft - #26 - Christmas but no red or green

17 comments:

  1. I love your colour choice on this Christmas card Wendy it complements the image beautifully.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card I love the layout and the colours are fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work Wendy - those papers work so well for this challenge! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I popped by Wendy, but I just love the products you use, they are all so pretty and full of great ideas. I love the pink wavy ribbon on the post below. I love your work and style, you're such an inspiration. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, love these colours together, what a change from the usual traditional colours. Love it.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colouring mixture - cute image and as always beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the soft colours and beautiful image

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours Wendy, and the image is gorgeous, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card Wendy, once again your colouring is spot on xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Wendy - love the bow and fabulous colouring. Lush DP's
    Have a fab evening.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card Wendy, love the colours you have used on this card, beautiful image.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Wendy...love the image and great layout too hun :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the soft neutral tones on this pretty card. I host a challenge at Speedy TV Mark's Finest Papers Simple Salutations in which the challenge that is going on now is Winter Bird. Membership in MFP is free. Please ck it out, join, enter & let them know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP SS Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  14. so gorgeous wendy.i really love the colours and fab image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Wendy, love the image and colours. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet image, very pretty card. thanks so much for joining in the Paper Play 'Snowflakes' Challenge
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an elegant card. I love the non traditional colour tones. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.