Thursday 13 December 2012

Canvas for Archie

First up, apologies for the photos, my camera didn't like this one, especially the gloss varnish!
I've made this canvas as a Christmas present for our great nephew, Archie, who will be celebrating his first Christmas this year, it's for his nursery wall.
My husband's family are all madly into shinty, playing and watching, and they all play for or support Strathglass Shinty Club, (apart for my hubby who plays for Inverness).  Strathglass play in claret and blue so I chose that as the background colour, although the claret looks brown in the picture.  The plain canvas was painted with acrylic paint then given a couple of coats of gloss varnish as the paint was very matte.  I dusted off my Cricut (I really must use it more!) and used it to cut the letters and animals using my Zoo Balloo cartridge.  I couldn't resist using googly eyes on the animals, they were just crying for them!
I'm entering this project in the following challenges -
Creative Moments - #6 - anything but a card
Everybody Art Challenge - #217 - anything goes
Tuesday Alchemy - #44 - anything goes

9 comments:

  1. this is ab fab Wendy - I think Archie will absolutely adore it - you are a clever lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Wendy I love all the cute animals. Archie will love it. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its still brilliant though Wendy. Archie will love it. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project. Great to enjoy your cricut and super result. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project Wendy, it looks great and I'm sure Archie will love looking at all the animals, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely project hun. Love all the animals. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight. Abbie (Co Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUper project - those animals are very cute. Thanks for joining in at Creative Moments this challenge. Helen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice project! thanks for playing with Creative Moments this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.