Monday 20 May 2013

Orange Poppies

Here's something bright for a Monday morning!  I decided to make a card using my favourite colour, orange, just to bring a little bit of sunshine into an otherwise grey day.
 The lovely digi image I've used is from A Passion For Stamps, I really love Ruth's botanical images, this beautiful poppy is one of my favourites, but this is the first time I've coloured it in orange, which I've done with Promarkers.  I used Wild Honey Distress Ink round the edges of the topper to add warmth and to tie it in with the background which was created with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks, applied direct to the scalloped blank, then spritzed with water and dried.  I then stamped a poppy design with a Sheena Douglass stamp in Spiced Marmalade in the top right corner.
The gorgeous papers are new (I know, more new papers, but I won them so they don't count!) and are My Mind's Eye, All Spice.  I added a bit of interest with a punched border done with a Martha Stewart punch, an orange ribbon, a matching bow, to which I also added some variegated floss, some flowers made with Nellie Snellen punches,a leaf made with a Cuttlebug die and some pearls and gems.
 I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Calendar - Blooms and Blossoms
My Sheri Crafts - #110 - Flower Power
Stamping With the Dragon - A Flower for Mum
My Heart Pieces - Anything Goes
ABC - #29 - Stamped Background
Digi Darla - #63 - 3D Element, handmade flowers and bow
Whoopsi Daisy - May Flowers

25 comments:

  1. WOW, die gefällt mir aber sehr gut, so schön Coloriert
    lg gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Wendy and just what we need to brighten such a grey day. Hugs Lisa Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have coloured the poppy so beautifully gorgeous card. Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Wendy, what fantastic shades of orange and such a change from all the red and blue that you see for poppies. Love all your stamping design, a work of art, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful image Wendy and your colour choice is fabulous. Its definitely brightened my day! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card,love the colours and layout. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the sun came out for you today, it stayed quite overcast with us here in Milton Keynes.
    Thanks for linking up with us this week over at My Sheri Crafts, your card is quite lovely.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful image Wendy, love your colours a really sunny card
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy, I'm finally getting to take a wander around some blogs - taken me far too come catch up with you!

    Gorgeous cards you've been making, you must have a huge paper stash - don't think I've seen a repeat of paper or pattern yet!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. so gorgeous wendy.i love your orange colours and stunning poppy ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. An absolute delight to see this today. Gorgeous! So sorry for the delay but life is more than a little challenging at the moment.Thanks so much,
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the image and the papers you have chosen! Great background papers !

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks fantastic. I love orange on cards and this is just a fabulous work with the colour. The image looks amazing too and the small flowers are so pretty.

    Thank you for joining us at Digi Darla this week and good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the image and the colours used. Thanks for joining us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card , love those flowers and the colours. Thanks for oining us at Stamping with the Dragon. Hugs Tina x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this project is pretty fab!. I love yoour xhoice of colours and the poppies are stunning.

    thank you for taking part in the Flowers for Mum challenge with us.

    Angela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the flowers! Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty colors and flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card and flowers love the colour. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week and good luck
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous Wendy! Love the orange too :o) It's a joyful card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks great thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute card, love the colors. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges. Xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.