Friday 28 June 2013

Fussy and Fancy DT Card - Steampunk

We have a fun new challenge for you at Fussy and Fancy, this time our theme is "Steampunk".  This style appeals to my sense of the eclectic, and allows me free rein with the layers and embellishments, as well a chance to get messy with embossing powder and shimmer spray!
 The main image was stamped with a Kanban stamp and coloured with Promarkers.  I then took a small stamp from the same set and stamped round the edges of the topper, using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, laid some scrap paper over the image and spritzed with Bronze Perfect Pearls shimmer spray.  To make the mat for it, I use my Tim Holtz On The Edge cogs die, using kraft card and heat embossing with gold powder.
The patterned papers are Kanban Mechanica, to which I've added some leather look paper and some gold pearl card, which I embossed with a cogs embossing folder, then swept Perfect Medium over, and heat embossed with gold powder.
The tag was simply a luggage label, stamped with another small stamp from the same Kanban set as the main image, using the same Distress Ink as before.
I've gone quite girly with my card, and to add to this, I've added lace with ruffled ribbon, held in place with lots of small Prima brads, and a large, brad topped bow.
 I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Ribbons - #50 - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Crafting with Dragonflies - #5 - Vintage with layers and Lace
Crafty Creations - #228 - Fashion is my Passion
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - #94 - Steampunk
Addicted to Stamps - Gorgeous Lace
Pile it On - #25 - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Crafts 4 Eternity - #130 -  Heavy Metal, I used brads

20 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card love all the embellishments Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Wendy - fabulous colouring and great embellies xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the gear frame! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully coloured image. Love the edge die.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Wendy, Just love steampunk an you've made such a fab card, loving your colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks awesome!! Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of steampunk, but your card is absolutely fabulous. I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colouring and I like that you have given steampunk a girly edge.
    Thanks for joining us at CCM.
    Jules :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and your design is lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, love the colour combination you used. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vintage steampunk - what's not to like! Great image used too. Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It never accured to me that you can have vintage with steampunk, looks just gorgeous, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never have thought of steampunk for vintage either - what a great job you have done here with all the embellies your lovely ribbon and lovely image. Well done. Thanks for sharing over at Crafting with Dragonflies. Ina

    ReplyDelete
  14. so stunning wendy.fabulous image and colours and I love all your details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very beautiful card. I love the dress and the colors. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week,
    hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Wendy, love the colours. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Wendy :-) the dress is beautiful and the colours and details are FAB ! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbon Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your coloring is fabulous and those gears are perfect for this card! Thanks for joining us over at Crafting with Dragonflies!

    lovies, =o) kel
    (Dragonfly DT)
    http://scrap-photograffs.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.