Tuesday 31 December 2013

Lilies for Mum

This is the card I made for my sister to give our Mum for her birthday, which was on Christmas Eve, I just haven't had time for blogging until now, I've been crazy busy with Christmas and birthdays and hubby has been hogging the computer too!  Hopefully now it'll all be back to business as usual!
 My sister isn't a crafter, as just said, "Make something Mum will like", so I used stash that my Mum, who is a crafter, particularly likes.  She loves Imagination Crafts stamps, so I used this pretty lily stamp, which I coloured with Distress Markers and a water brush and Frantaged the edges as she loves this look.  Her husband bought her the full set of Distress Markers for her birthday, I know she's going to love them as much as I do, we've already had a bit of a play together.
I made the stepper card with a B-C-E template and covered it with Lili of the Valley Antebellum papers, a really beautiful stack in the most gorgeous colours, perfect for distressing, as I've done here to the edges with my Tim Holtz scuffing tool.
The MUM sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with pink powder, then fussy cut and stuck on, highlighted with some pink gems.  The birthday sentiment was stamped with a Personal Impressions stamp.
To embellish, I've added, lace, ribbon, rickrack, buttons and gems.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Sentiments - Birthdays
Kaboodle Doodles - #204 - Anything Goes
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Papertake - Pick of the Year - Flower Power from August

6 comments:

  1. a beautiful card Wendy! Really lovely! Love this stamp - I've got an imagination Crafts candy if you're interested! Hope you have a wonderful time in 2014! Hugs Rachel xx p.s. thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Thanks for your visit and sweet luv. Happy New Year
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Wendy. Happy new year to you. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card..Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, stunning image so beautifully coloured and love the frantage, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and Divas by Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shabby-chic vibe of your creation. Thank you for sharing your work and playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.