Wednesday, 14 May 2014

I Love Promarkers DT Card - Whatever the Weather

It's challenge time again at I Love Promarkers, this week our theme is, "Whatever the Weather", and we're sponsored by Polka Doodles.  I decided to go for hot, sunny weather for my card, well, I can live in hope!  I'm not sure where the digi came from, it was a freebie from somewhere, it has, of course, been coloured with Promarkers, although I did "man it up" a bit with some Black Soot Distress Ink round the edges of the topper after colouring.
 As this is a guy card, I kept it quite simple and let the large image do the talking, but, to add interest to my yellow layer, and to continue the sunshine theme, I used my Hougie Board to score lines in a sun-ray pattern, which I then highlighted by inking with Wild Honey Distress Ink.  I made the sun embellishment with nesties, used Madame Payraude letter stickers for the sentiment, and finished off with a trio of black pearls.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Just Inspirational - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Here Comes Summer
Artistic Inspirations - #91 - No Designer Paper
Crafting From the Heart - #18 - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - #41 - Anything Goes with Optional Twist of For a Man
Penny's - #177 - Anything Goes

19 comments:

  1. Fab card, Wendy! Love that fun image, coloured beautifully, CAS layout and clever details - great use of your score board to create the embossed rays! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful image and colouring Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Wendy, great design, and wonderful colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH boy how super.....that is really a lovely cute card.

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH boy how super.....that is really a lovely cute card.

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful card thanks you for your participation Tinanoute

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a brilliant card Wendy, such a fun image and I love the frame you have created for it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and I love the image. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a Daddy Cool card, perfect for our here comes summer challenge. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card! That bear certainly knows how to relax!! Great design! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card. Love the bear on vacation..

    Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. so stunning wendy.i love your bright colours and fab fun image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute!!! I love it! thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well he looks completely relaxed doesn't he. This is a fantastic card - I love it! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty this week - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  16. brilliant, i love it. also love the name of ur blog.Thank you so much for joining us over at JIC this week, Hope you can join us next week. Sian (DT Co-owner)

    ReplyDelete
  17. great colouring and well designed too, thanks for sharing over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card! I love it! Beautiful colouring and excellent use of your Hougie :D


    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, he looks like he's having a lovely day. Wish that was me!!!
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Crafty Little Fairies,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas,
    As You Like It and
    The Stamp Basket.


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.