Tuesday 19 August 2014

Christmas Bells

My Mum ordered some lovely Die'sire Christmas dies when they were on Create and Craft recently, and I happened to pop round just after they'd been delivered.  Mum had itchy fingers to burst them straight out of the packets, so we both went up to her craft room for a play, I had to beg, borrow and steal some of her stash to make my card as I hadn't taken anything with me.  I found some scraps of Graphic 45 paper and a small piece of embossed metallic card, along with a reel of tartan ribbon, and got die cutting!
 The bells were cut with a Die'sire die, I cut them in gold mirri and white, so I could have the ribbon a different colour, and did a little fussy cutting and layering.  The die cut well with lots of detail and nice embossing, the die cut also popped out of the die easily, unlike my Die'sire snowflake dies.  I used a holly punch to cut a tiny sprig of holly to top the bells and stuck on red gems as berries.  I used Mum's Spellbinders Marvelous Squares to make the mats for the bells to sit on, that's another set for the wish list, they're stunning!
To finish off, I stamped a sentiment with a Lili of the Valley stamp (more stash envy!) and added some red mirri Card Candi to the corners.

  I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - #49 - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean - #84 - Christmas in August
Papertake - To Die For
CRAFT - #272 - Christmas
Clear it Out - Theme and Stash - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas card. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Christmas Card great design and thanks for linking up at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this weeks hugs Judith DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Christmas card. Thank you for sharing with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful christmas card Wendy, lovely your layout and the fabulous bells, gorgeous papers and the tartan ribbon and bow just makes the whole card pop, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous wendy.i love your traditional colours and papers and the bells are stunning :D

    x coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful project...TF joining us @ CIO hope you stop by again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Love embossing. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.