Thursday 6 November 2014

Fairy Dreams

New stash alert!  I had great fun playing with some of my new goodies from the SECC, Imagination Crafts products featuring heavily here.  I treated myself to three of these beautiful, new Imagination Crafts dies, this one is called Daydream, and I have to say that I'm really impressed with them.  They're not the cheapest dies on the market at £20 each, but they're 4 inches square (or diameter for circular ones), and the card simply falls from the die once cut, after only one pass through the Grand Calibre.  Even the most intricate parts cut really cleanly, I highly recommend these, the designs are really beautiful too.  My Mum also bought two of these dies, so I'll be borrowing those too!
 I brayered some black Imagination Crafts card with some of their Black Stars Sparkle Medium, then die cut the main image, it sparkles so much more in reality than the camera picks up.
The blue background was done with Aquatints, another SECC purchase.  I masked out the moon with Pebeo Drawing Gum, then washed over with two blues from the Perfect Primaries set.  After rubbing off the gum, I added some shading and craters to the moon with gilding wax.  I then laid the silhouette over the background and added some Star Dust Stickles to the fairy's wings.
For the silver mat, I used and Imagination Crafts Vine Trellis stencil, on some of their silver card, with some of their Silver Sparkle Medium.
To finish, I added some die cut ivy, made with a Joanna Sheen die.

 I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Moving Along With the Times - Sparkle and Shine
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Make it Sparkle
Card Mania - #59 - Use Your Dies
Imagination Crafts - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - #66 - Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge - #211 - Magical

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design and image Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how whimsical!
    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just totally fantastic its def a wow card.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of your cards, and this so different but stunning as ever...

    Andrea TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous, love the dies
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! this is beautiful… the silhouette looks fab against the gorgeous blue background… the ivy leaves are just perfect and I love the subtle sparkles!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the challenge!
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so stunning wendy.i love the fantastic silhouette :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.