Wednesday 19 October 2016

Kitty Bee Spotlight Card - It's That Cow Again

It's the third Wednesday of the month which means that it's time for my Kitty Bee showcase project, which this month is card, using the same image as last month: Cow Barely Over the Moon.  It's just so cute, I couldn't resist using it again!
 I printed the digi twice, flipping one of them so that once they'd been coloured with Promarkers and cut out, they could be glued back to back and hung in the aperture.  The moon was coloured with a Crafter's Companion clear glitter pen over the Promarker colouring, I then drew on craters with a Quickie glue pen and applied yellow glitter.  The moon sparkles beautifully in real life, I haven't been able to capture it in the photos, in fact the whole project was a nightmare to photograph, it looks so much better in reality than it does in the pics.
I used a sheet of old Papermania Forever Friends paper on the inside of the card and a sheet of magazine freebie paper on the outside, the edges of which I gently inked with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.
I added a decorative border to the top of the card, made with a Tonic punch, and border round the aperture, made with Spellbinders dies.  The star embellishments were made with Xcut dies, the sentiment was stamped with a Personal Impressions stamp, and the numeral is a Papermania sticker.  The final touch was to add some gold gems.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Sunny Day Crafting - #19 - Anything Goes
Dream Valley - #142 - For the Boys - This is for my nephew
Love to Scrap - #88 - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, a super cute card, loving all
    the embellishments too.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo cute... I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo cute... I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really super cute and beautiful card. Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting
    DT Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog's "Anything Goes!" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTSCB DT
    Love To Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.