Wednesday 22 February 2012

Gilded Flowers

I just LOVE this stamp!  I think it's probably my all time favourite stamp as it's so versatile and can be used with so many techniques.  It's by Penny Black and is called Flying Stars.
For this card, I stamped the image with Flitter Glu by Indigo Blu by patting it onto the stamp with Cut-n-Dry foam, and then gilded it with Crafty Notions gilding flakes.  I'm not sure which one it is as it's not in it's original packaging, but it's got a hint of blue and green amongst the gold and copper tones.  I have to say that the Flitter Glu is by far the best gilding glue I've ever used and I can highly recommend it.
I then simply matted and layered the card  and added a border made from high tack double sided tape which I gilded with the same flakes as the image.
The border punch is my favourite Martha Stewart one and I finished the card with a lace bow and some pearls.
I am entering this card in the following challenges -
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - #189 - pearls and lace
Stamp n Doodle - lace and flowers

21 comments:

  1. Very delicate design this stamp and I can see why you like it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Wendy, love how you have used this stamp.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Wendy - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully crafted card Wendy. I can see why you love that image. :)

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Wendy, very classy! Love Jayne/ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy this is such a beautiful card.
    I have just become a follower Hugs Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Wendy...and I so love the colour too hun :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Wendy, love the gold on the blue. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is beautiful Wendy! I love the colours and the gilding looks stunning :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Wendy, and thanks very much for the blog award. Will have t have a think about who to pass it on to.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card and love all your previous work too, Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card and love all your previous work too, Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  13. so stunning wendy.really stylish ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wendy hope you are well sorry but not been on blog land much this last week but i was asked to make 150 wedding invitations in a week......gorgeous card and lovely colours well done on your blog award too
    Hugs Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple but stunning, love the gold embossing.
    Thank you for playing along at Stamp n Doodle challenges, good luck
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Wendy, gorgeous card - really elegant and love your colour combo. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card wendy...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is really stunning Wendy. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning Card Wendy, Love the colour Combo and the stamp,
    Stunning, Thanks again for the blog award.
    Bernice x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a classy looking card - the gold looks fantastic with the blue. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Wendy, Thanks for the blog award, I've been so busy lately with full time work (and deadlines) and commissions, I have not had time to update my blog. This card you have made is really great, I love the gilding flakes, and you're right I have tried other glues and the flitter glue is the best of all to use, nothing comes close. Photos of this effect never do it justice, it's much better to see in person. A beautiful card Wendy. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.