Wednesday 7 March 2012

Birds of a Feather

I had such fun making this card!  The feather stamps are and Artemio set I bought at the SECC in October and never got round to playing with until now.  The bird stamp is also part on an Artemio set, but one I bought fairly recently at my local craft shop when I had an I MUST have you moment!
I've stamped the bird in Memento in London Fog and coloured it with Promarkers.  The feathers were stamped with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy, the brown ones were coloured with the same ink using my Distress Ink tool and the blue one was coloured with Faded Jeans.  The main image and the book print paper were distressed with Antiquie Linen.
The book print paper is from Stampin' Up and the others are Papermania V&A Collection which have a lovely vintage feel.  I got the whole pack for £1 at the SECC!
Next it was time to get busy with the Distress Stickles in Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen and Faded Jeans
Some gems, pearls and a few touches of Anita's 3D Gloss and it's done.



I am entering this card in the following challenges -
Mojo Monday - 231 - sketch
The Crafty Pad - #160 - use bookprint
Craft Room Challenge - vintage

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Wendy. Love everything about it.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, gorgeous bird and feathers. Hugs! Brittany, xoxo
    http://www.mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful your cards are just getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and l just love what you have done with the feathers:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, the bird is coloured perfectly an the feathers brilliantly cut. Love this card! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful love the bling accents, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy this card is absolutely beautiful, as are all your cards. You are just so masterful in doing these kind of cards - each one a masterpiece. I bow down to your expertise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautifully unique creations wendy
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Wendy. Love those feathers!!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous card Wendy, beautiful image.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous Wendy, I love the beautiful colours 'n' papers and fabulous feathers too! :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous card, I didn't realise those feathers were stamps until I read your post! Love how you've put this together. Thanks for joining in with us at the Craft-Room Challenge, and good luck. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh La lA! I don't think I have had the privileged of visiting your blog before! Glad I know where you are now as this is just stunning! I love the distress look you have going and the feather is the perfect finish! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at The Crafty Pad :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Wendy , I love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. so stunning wendy.really beautiful and elegant design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Wendy,
    absolutely stunning creation, love birds and feathers,
    the stamps are gorgeous, hope that you use them more -
    beautiful details.

    Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-Room Vintage Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a fantastic creation. I love birds and the adding of the feathers made one beautiful creation. I like your color combo and design....awesome. Thanks for coming by The Crafty Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful creation! I love the little bird and the feathers are Awesome. Thank you for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love everything about this one!! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, love it love it Wendy !!

    Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely bird stamp, and the feathers are glorious too! Have to admit I thought the top one was real when I first looked! Lovely card, you've stamped and coloured the bird wonderfully hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.