Friday, 17 March 2017

Happy Birthday Sausage!

I made this card for a close friend with whom I share a love of dachshunds; she certainly is one of a kind!  When we are old ladies, we will have a dachshund each and we'll terrorize the neighbourhood with them, although I think we'll be more terrifying than the dogs!
 The main image and matching sentiment stamps are by Woodware, I coloured with my usual Promarkers and attached the dog to the card with foam tape.
I used a DL card to echo the length of the dog, and stamped some Inkylicious splodges directly onto the blank using three colours of Memento ink.  The card has a lovely linen texture which gives the stamped background a distressed look, in-keeping with the nature of the design.


 I'm entering this card in the following challenges -
Creative Corner - For the Dogs
Southern Girls - #155 - Pop It Up With Foam
Artistic Inspirations - #174 - Anything Goes
Pile It On - #128 - Humour Puns

5 comments:

  1. Wendy, I'm in absolute LOVE with this card! So cute!!! Love the background and of course, that little doxie has to take center stage. Precious!
    I'll have to look for that stamp.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous Wendy, brilliant image and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha! FAB card, Wendy! I'm sure your friend loved it!
    I'd love to have a Dachshund when I'm old...well okay, older!...but hubby would rather a 'proper' dog - something a bit taller! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutelly adore this card. Perfect background, beautifully coloured image, funny sentiment and bright colours. Love it. Thanks for sharing your card at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate each and every one.